On 13th July 2014 a new Leavesden War Memorial was unveiled at the junction of Leavesden High Road and Haines Way. A sandstone Memorial was erected in the 1920’s, and it is thought that it was originally situated on the doorway to the Public Reading Rooms in Leavesden High Road. At some time later the building was demolished and the Memorial disappeared for a period, before being discovered in a Watford Builder’s Yard, and was re-erected in a brick-work frame outside Dale Court on the High Road. The sandstone began to crumble and the Memorial started to deteriorate, making it difficult to read some of the names. It was also re-sited very close to the main road, making it difficult to stage Remembrance Events. A new granite Memorial has been re-sited further back from the road, and was erected thanks to the fund-raising of the Leavesden Community Group and generous donations from local businesses.
The Memorial lists 27 men from Leavesden who fell during the Great War. A small Memorial is also sited within All Saints Parish Church, together with a plaque naming 186 men from the Parish who served during the War.