2018 sees the 100th anniversary of the end of the Great War. The “Back to the Front” Project will be organising a programme of events to commemorate the men and women from the local area who served in the War, and those who did not return.
Over 1,000 men and women from Abbots Langley, Bedmond, Hunton Bridge, Langleybury and Leavesden served in the First World War and we want to remember every one of them.
Can you help us ? Do you have some time to help with completing the research for the Project or to assist with the organisation and support of the events and activities?
We need assistance with
- Completing the research of the soldiers’ stories
- Building the Digital Roll of Honour
- Developing the Project Web Site and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter)
- Planning, Supporting, Staffing Project events
- Project Photographer
- Artwork & Graphic Design
- Schools’ “Poppy Project”
- Supporting the “Soldier Lived At My House” research work
- Developing “War Walks” around the villages
- And many more
If you can help the Project, please join us going “Back to the Front”.